Sunday, January 15, 2012

Been lost, and now I am found.

It's been so wonderful how much God has been speaking to me the past few weeks. I didn't let a lot of people know, but I struggled really hard the last couple months I was in Kentucky.

Scratch that, I didn't even struggle. I simply gave up.

And I couldn't see how to come back to knowing and loving Jesus. And a very large part of me didn't even want to.

But thank the Lord that He never gives up on me. Took a couple weeks of reflection, sitting in the presence of God and His Word, and resting in the presence of people who love Jesus, to remind me of what I had been missing out on.

Been reminded of so many things, been challenged in so many ways. Most of all, I've realized that my walk with Christ has been sitting on Sunday School knowledge and youth group emotional comfort.

So Lord, I'm praying that day by day you continue to reveal Yourself to me that I may know You and fall in love with You more. Not simply through YouTube videos and well-written articles from other people found online, but through Your Word that reveals Your heart.

And to all my brothers and sisters in Christ on Facebook: Thank you so much for all that you post. You may not realize it, but through Facebook sometimes, I see that the church of Christ extends much farther than I realize. Those articles, YouTube videos, blog posts, and especially the Word of the Lord that you guys share have been feeding my soul on a regular basis.

No comments: